Thursday, January 12, 2012

Episode #43 Bitten by the Spinning Bug



Show Notes:

Winner of the Tempted Glam Girl Yarn & Thin Ice Pattern #42 Congratulations Kenisha (KLthompson08)

January KAL: We are knitting the Thin Ice by: Laura Linneman January 1st through February 15th all the information is in the JAN KAL Group Thread

Works In Progress: Shalom by:Meghan McFarlane part of the Stockinette Zombies KAL

After Thought Heel Socks by: Laura Linneman using Spinning Fates Toula Electric Boogie colorway

February KAL Information: starts Feb 1st through Feb 29th with a choice of 2 patterns the first pattern is free La-La-Love-You Cowl and $6 for Valentine Scarf or Shawl

Mystery KAL: Laura Linneman is having her first Mystery KAL and it of course is her design too. The KAL starts February 12th. There will be 3 clues and the pattern is called "Mittens For Me" cost is $4 if you purchase it by the time all of the clues have been released. It calls for fingering weight yarn too. Sign up will start at the end of January. I think this will be an awesome KAL and it would be wonderful if we could all support Laura with her first KAL too.

Spinning:

Highland Handmades is the 2 ply if finished plying in the Old Appliances colorway.
Cloud Lover is the singles bobbin I spun in the Haunted Vineyarn colorway Sight was down when I did the show notes

Charity:

Snuggles Project all the information is in the Snuggles Project Group Thread

Shout Outs:

His and Her Podcast - Melissa and Sean are just adorable and a must watch video podcast too!

Lisa (jamlknitter) has a new blog and she will be giving away prizes too. www.knitblogcast.blogspot.com

Enabling:

Knittings My Bag - Loved my new cupcake bag

Twisted Fiber Arts - this was my beautiful Ravelry colorway in the Tasty base in Evolutions

Fibernymph Dye Works - this was my fiber in the Reese's Pieces in Merino the yarn colors Fruit Loops, The Elves were in the Eggnog, Christmas Tardis

Spinning Wheel Cup Holder by: fbnplastics Etsy Shop

Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. I have some yarn and the La-La-Love-You Cowl in my queue so if I have time I will try to join the February KAL. I just wanted to say hi and let you know I do watch but don't always comment but I am here. :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micheal congratulations with your 60th birthday :) Hope you had a great day :)

    And Diane also congratulations with your husband and I've no clue as well how 60 would or should look like but alas it's how you feel I guess?

    Thank you for the great show I so enjoy looking and I need to be aware that I won't make mistakes during knitting because I listen but I must see what you're making or using or what kind of yarn you have bought and then I get so distracted that I make mistakes.... but I didn't now about those video's about spinning and I'll have to find me some over here in the netherlands so thank you for that.

    Hugs
    Valeria :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great episode - Thanks Diane. I am smitten by that gradient yarn from Twisted Fiber Arts...

    ReplyDelete