Thursday, October 27, 2011

Episode #33 My Halloween Guests



Show Notes:

Dancing Batty KAL Update: We have 45 finished Bat Shawls so far! You have until 6 am eastern time on November 1st to post your pictures. Check out the new Prizes that Sadie (blue ruin) of Yarnivore Podcast has so kindly donated for the Halloween KAL. You can see the prizes on the top of the page in the Halloween KAL Group Thread Good luck to everyone and the drawing is next Thursday!

Finished Objects:

Elizabeth's Cowl by: Wendy Johnson this was knit out of Cascade Eco 100% Alpaca it is knitted for the SSK/KAL

Works In Progress:

Sleeping Baby's Castle Blanket by: Sally Rainey I am using Plymouth Select Worsted-Merino Superwash.

Un Finished Object:

Felted Clogs by: Fiber Trends Let's hope I stay knitting on these for my son. This is a project I started 2 years ago when my son started college. It is in his college colors:-)

November KAL

Fresco Basket Whip Cowl by: Laura Patternson We can cast on November 1st & post Pictures by November 30th. All the information is in the November KAL Group Thread also Sarah of Apple Blossom and More was SO sweet to sponsor this KAL & donate 3 of her patterns and 1 handmade bag. I will also have a prize from me too!

Charity:


Denise (madaboutmaties) Walk to End Alzheimer's all the information is there.

Sarah of Rainlover Knits video podcast has a pattern Ribbons For Mom all proceeds go to breast cancer research.

Kimberly of Sockbunny Knit and Fit video podcast is knitting hats for her daughter Sarah's Catholic Missonary. The information is not up yet but you can find everything in her latest Episode #9.

Book Review:

Socktopus by: Alice Yu A must have book! Just love the 17 patterns:-)

Enabling:

Into The Whirl Etsy Shop - Cris (IntoTheWhirled) has an amazing shop! You can find the Yarn Club link in there. The Doctor Who theme will be in December

At Knits End Yarns This was the 100% cashmere lace weight yarn I got in the color "Ewe have fine eyes, Miss Bennet

Another Crafty Girl Etsy Shop - I got the awesome Royal Rainbow sock yarn

Piddleloop Etsy Shop - Jennifer has a great shop. As you know my favorite is the wedge bags. I have the corduroy squirrel bag. I just bought the Halloween Box Bag. Some of the proceeds go to the Kibble Kitchen:-)

Fibernymph Dye Works - Lisa of 90% knitting Podcast has some awesome yarn & fiber. I got the Shimmer Low in Sheen is a ... and Winter's Morning.

Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Diane:-)

1 comment:

  1. OMG - the girl's costumes are so cute!!! Bella looked like she would rather nap though - lol!

    ReplyDelete